What Is The Secret?

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Amazing




It is amazing how we can forget and then remember, with great fondness, those who have touched our lives in deeply relevant ways. This reminder can be a word, a voice, an event, a sound. In my case, it was the pictures above. Before I even read about the organization which I found while search for something else, it was the name and then picture that caught my eye and refreshed my memory. The organization I discovered was Drums.org where the master (pictured above) once served as an advisory board member.

I recall his beating of the drums and how it affected me when I was younger. As a young woman, in love with music, I was captured (at that time) by a gorgeous young man who also played the conga drums. He was the one who introduced me to this master teacher. The teacher's name was Babatunde Olatunji. It was with great sadness that I read the next few words: "passed away, Sunday, April 6, 2003, 7:30 am, age of 76." How amazing! That, in my mind and heart, he was still alive until I read those words.

So that I and others will never forget, I place here among my pages this most marvelous photo of him in honor of his life, his work, and most of all -- his music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Bravenet SiteRing The Spiritual Light Journeys SiteRing

This site owned by

Dr. Sophia Asaviour
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com

Circles of Light [Webring]
Circles of Light [Webring]
[ Join Now | Ring Hub | Random | << Prev | Next >> ]

Bravenet SiteRing Poetry from Planet Earth Web Ring

This site owned by
(Sophia Asaviour)
Previous Site List Sites Random Site Join Ring Next Site
SiteRing by Bravenet.com

Teaching children to live happily

Member of the...
Ring of Happiness

[ Ring Hub | << Prev. Site | Next Site >> ]
Living happily regardless of circumstances

free web counter
Free Web Statistics